Below I will be posting useful links that I find and people that I work with. Please take a look at their websites to find out more.
Teaching and Geography
- The Geographical Association
- Royal Geography Society
- Learning Space: Phil Wood
- Living Geography: Alan Parkinson
- Osprey Schools Flyways Project
- Curriculum Development Project: Trade, Poverty, Climate Change and Development.
- Learning through outdoor experience: The Rank Foundation.
- Outdoor Learning: The Outward Bound Trust
- The Story of Stuff: Some great videos that really simply explain "stuff"
- A Teachers Guide to Social Media
- Channel 4 Documentaries: Unreported World
- Worldwide Technological Fix?
- Indian Ocean Tsunami 2004: Summary
- 10 Years on: Indian Ocean Tsunami
- Explore ecosystems across the world with ArcGIS
- TED Education
- Visualize Big Data
- My 2050: Making Energy Decisions.
Using IT in the Classroom
- Digital Geography
- Where's the path: Using streetmaps next to satellite images
- Geograph: a photo in every grid square
- Weebly: Web Design for Education
- Google Earth
- Ordnance Survey Mapzone
- Socrative: Interactive student feedback
- Screencast O Matic: Record your screen to show students how to complete IT tasks.
- 7 Billion people in the world. Where do you fit in?